Recover Data from Virtual Machine
Virtual Machine (VM) is the emulated computer system that enables host system to run or work as another system (guest). VM provides the features of physical computer. It offers a layer of abstraction between the computing resources and the applications running over it. In simple words you can say that “Virtual Machine is a closely detached software device that could run its own operating system and application as if it is running on a physical machine. It contains its own virtual RAM, CPU, Disk, Network etc.” While we work on virtual machines, we often encounter the problem of data loss in VMware or VirtualBox type virtual machines. Virtual Machine data recovery software is the essential tool for VMware data recovery and VirtualBox data recovery both.
Virtual disk or Virtual drive are the element of Virtual Machine that emulates actual disk storage. To other programs a virtual drive or disk acts as an actual physical disk. When we work on the virtual machine, all the data is directly stored on the virtual drive it is mount to. Different types of virtual disk formats are:
- Virtual Disk Image (VDI), by ORACLE VirtualBox.
- Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK), by VMware.
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD), by Microsoft and Citrix.
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHDX), by Microsoft.
So, you can see the importance of virtual drive or virtual disk when you work on virtual machines. But what happens if you accidentally delete your data from virtual disks? All the work, time and efforts gone in seconds. Don’t worry, there are still techniques that you can apply to get back your years of work in some simple clicks of mouse.
Best Virtual Machine Data Recovery Software
- Easily Recover lost and deleted virtual machine data.
- Best virtual machine data recovery software to restore deleted data from ORACLE (.vdi), VMware (.vmdk), Microsoft (.vhd) virtual image files.
- Deleted data recovery from various range of virtual image files: – .vdi, .vmdk, .vhd.
- Restore data that is lost due to various factors such as accidental formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, virtual volume deletion of virtual machine, corruption due to sudden power down. How to deal with corrupt PCs?
- Save the state of scan results in an image file and start the recovery at any point of time.
- Recover data from VMware.
- Recover data from VirtualBox.
Stellar Phoenix Virtual Machine Data Recovery is a next generation recovery software for virtual drive. The advance back-end coding and interactive user interface with all the features in range of simple clicks of mouse, makes it the best virtual machine data recovery software in the market. The software works for all the virtual drives created by ORACLE, Microsoft, and VMware. No matter what is the reason behind the data loss or data corruption, you will always get it back using this software. How to recover data from physical hard disk?
This VM recovery tool scans for the virtual image files such as .vdi (ORACLE), .vmdk (VMware), .vhd (Microsoft). You can choose from range option as per your need: – Deleted Recovery, Quick Recovery, Raw Recovery, and Advanced Recovery. The recovered data is list in hierarchical tree view. There is a preview option of the recovered data, you can select them to save on desired location of your PC hard drive. You can upload the recovered virtual machine data to the FTP servers directly.
What is the need of Virtual Machine data recovery tool?
The structure of data stored in our actual physical drive is quite different from how it is stored in virtual disks. Virtual disk is basically image file which contains all the data. Almost all the virtual system software does not provide the built-in data recovery. To recover data from actual physical disk is not so complicated, but to recover data from an image file we need advance tool. That’s where this software comes in the play.
User Guide for Virtual Machine Data Recovery
Step 1: The first page of software interface shows the three major image file type – VMware (.vmdk), VirtualBox (.vdi), and VirtualPC (.vhd). You can also browse through the system to select the desired image file.
Step 2: After selecting the disk image, click on “Mount Virtual Disk” and start recovering.
Step 3: Now select the drive containing your data. Then choose the subsequent recovery method.
Step 4: As the scan goes in progress, the data found in the scan are listed in tree structure at the left hand side panel.
Step 5: Click on any deleted file to see its preview.
Step 6: Select the desired location and save the recovered file.
Step 7: The data saving process will start and it will save all the recovered data from virtual machine’s virtual disk image file.
- Processor: Pentium Class and Above
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Server 2008, 2003
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB, Recommended 2 GB
- Hard Disk: 100 MB Free Space
- Product Name: Stellar Phoenix Virtual Machine Data Recovery
- Version: 2.0
- Version Launch: February, 2018